RULES OF RANDONNEUR 5000
The RANDONNEUR 5000 award was created in 1961 for riders who completed a distance of at least
5000 kilometers on the various long-distance cycling events promoted by the
AUDAX CLUB PARISIEN
The medal is offered without cost. The issued certificates are numbered in order of their allocation.
HOW TO EARN THE AWARD :
HOW TO APPLY :
The rider must complete the qualifying events listed below within a four-year period (to the day) : - a full series of ACP-sanctioned 200, 300, 400, 600, and 1000 km Brevets de Randonneurs Mondiaux,
- a Paris-Brest-Paris Randonneur (kilometrage rounded down to 1200 km),
- a Flèche Vélocio, or a Flèche Nationale (team event organized according to the rules of the Flèche Vélocio - a Flèche Nationale organized in France is not a qualifier).
The 1000 km brevet cannot be replaced by another event.
The remaining distance to the 5000 kilometers is to be completed on the events listed below :
- Flèche de France on classic route, in condition of being ridden in option Gold or Silver. The Flèche de France to Dieppe is not valid (less than 200 km),
- Brevets Randonneurs Mondiaux (BRM).
- Flèche Vélocio, and Flèche Nationale (a Flèche Nationale organized in France is not a qualifier),
- Trace Vélocio, and Trace Nationale (a Trace Nationale organized in France is not a qualifier
- Super Randonnée, - RM 1200+
The rules of the qualifying events are available on the site www.audax-club-parisien.com .
The rider must send a RANDONNEUR 5000 application form, listing all completed events, with dates and homologation numbers. Annual application deadline is October 31. Medal and certificate will be provided at the beginning of the following year.
The application can be made by mail or by internet (see below).
In France: If you cannot come to the annual ACP Awards Ceremony (in January, in Paris), your application must be accompanied by a selfaddressed, prepaid envelope (format: C4 – weight: 500 g).
For other countries: The application forms will be grouped together and verified by the ACP Representative of each country, who will send them to the ACP by internet. All medals and certificates will be sent to the ACP Representative, who will distribute them to each recipient. Shipping costs between France and the country concerned will be added to the annual ACP invoice.
Luc COPPIN, 40 avenue de Bourgogne, 77270 VILLEPARISIS
The Audax Club Parisien reserves the right to modify these rules, if necessary.
The RANDONNEUR 5000 rules can be downloaded below.
HOW TO APPLY :